Smiling Weekend offer
1) Weekend with a Smile, with the Smiling weekend offer, in the footsteps of the Blessed Pope John Paul I!
Come and explore the hamlets that were home to the Blessed Pope John Paul I, with our Weekend with a Smile offer!
OFFER FOR 3 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS in the Valley of the Smiling Pope!
Take this chance to explore Canale d’Agordo, at the centre of the Biois Valley, surrounded by the magnificent peaks of the Civetta, Cima Pape, I Lastéi (Focobon), the huge Comèlle Plateau and the Cime d’Auta, mountain ranges in the Belluno Dolomites that in 2009 acquired UNESCO World Heritage status on account of their beauty and the variety of the landscape. The visit to Canale d’Agordo Old Town takes you on a walk through the most enchanting corners of the birthplace of Albino Luciani and the places he spent his early life, including the Museum dedicated to the Pope, the house he was born in and the Casa delle Regole. This thrilling route offers the opportunity to learn about local history, the extraordinary life of Pope Luciani and the places young Albino loved.
The offer includes:
Arrival on Friday
- Friday afternoon: Guided visit to the Church of San Simon
- Saturday morning: Guided visit to the MusAL, the museum dedicated to Albino Luciani
- Saturday afternoon: Guided visit to the house Pope Luciani was born in, with a walk through Canale d’Agordo Old Town
- Sunday morning, 8.30 a.m.: Holy Mass in the Archpriest Church of San Giovanni Battista, followed by an easy guided walk along the Way of the Cross route of the local artist Franco Murer.
Price from €120 per person.
The offer is per person sharing a double room, with half board. Single rooms available on request, with a supplement.
Package subject to availability